Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, June 27, 2014

Should Christians Feel Hopeless?

As Christians, we are expected to be strong at all times. Those who know we are
Christians may look to us for wisdom, support and even guidance. But are we always able to give it? Do we always feel we have it all together and can take on whatever life throws our way? I don't think so. We Christians crumble under the weight of everyday pressure just as other humans. The Bible has several examples of mighty men and women of God who were sometimes ready to give up hope.

Job was one of them. After being tried by Satan and losing everything he had, including his children, "Job opened his mouth and cursed the day of his birth" ( 3: 1). Notice he didn't sin, neither did he curse God, but he cursed the day of his birth. Meaning, he wished he'd never been born.

Have you ever felt that way? Are the pressures of life so overwhelming that you feel you cannot make it through another day? Jesus said, " In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer ; I have overcome the world" (John 16 : 33). The Bible also tells us, "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us" (Romans 8 : 37).

It's not easy to focus on God's promises when you are feeling hopeless, but know that as a child of God you are never alone. He  knows your thoughts from afar off. He knows the very hairs of your head and you can never flee from His presence. The psalmist said, 
 
     "Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? 
   If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.  
 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;  
 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. 
  If I say , Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Psalm 139: 7 - 11.

Do you feel hopeless? There's no need. He is with you in all things. Here's a song to remind you of that.

 

No comments: